Choosing Your Album and Photos
For your album selection you can view the different styles, sizes and options – View All Album Options.
There are 4 style options available listed below. The printed album pages are all of the exact same quality with every style, the differences are cover options and if the inside pages are mounted to sturdy boards or not. Once you choose a style please send me an email and I’ll send back the appropriate order form so you can finalize your order.
Engagement/Parent Album: A matte or glossy photo cover book with thin pages that are folded in the middle and have no split. This is a great lower cost alternative to our standard albums and provides great quality.
Basic Black Album: A black faux leather album with pages mounted on sturdy boards and split at the seam to ensure durability for years to come. This album is only available in black and either 8x8 or 10x10 sizes. It also has a maximum of 40 photos.
Photo Cover Album: Our most popular modern album style. Your choice of matte or glossy covers along with the option for text on the cover or spine. The pages are mounted on sturdy boards and split at the seam to ensure durability for years to come.
Leather Album: A classic leather album with your choice of leather colors and the option to have a photo inserted into the center of the front cover or text embossed as well. The pages are mounted on sturdy boards and split at the seam to ensure durability for years to come.
Things to keep in mind when choosing your album photos:
• Try to keep things balanced between the bride & groom (family & wedding party). For example if you have chosen 2 photos of the bridesmaids I suggest choosing 2 photos of the groomsmen so the layout will flow nicely.
• If you don’t choose many photos for your ceremony I suggest choosing at least 1 overall photo of the ceremony so that you don’t have only photos of you walking in and walking out.
• Try your best not to let B&W or color be the deciding factor between choosing two similar photos. When I design the layout I may convert it to match other photos on the page. If you would like a photo to be kept either B&W or color please indicate that when ordering your album.
• If you are looking to lower your number of photos there are a few areas I suggest doing that. Most couples will remove walking in and out of the ceremony except the bride and groom or maybe flower girl/ring bearer. Another section that you can remove some photos is when everyone is announced into the reception, many couples will choose one photo of themselves for that or just start the reception section with the first dance. Lastly when choosing group photos I suggest choosing a larger group that includes everyone instead of smaller groupings as it becomes redundant and quickly adds to your photo count.
• Let me know if you would like me to point out any inconsistencies or missing areas of your selection of photos. Of course it is your album and I will be happy to design a layout with whatever you choose.
To start choosing your album photos:
1. Create an account on your web gallery or log in if you already have an account. You can do this by clicking the “Login” menu at the top of the page at www.proofs.kgmexpressions.com as shown below
2. Once you have created an account and logged in, view your gallery by clicking the thumbnail for it and typing in your gallery password that was provided to you via email.
3. To add a photo as a favorite, click the photo to view it larger and then click the small heart button just above the photo as shown below.
Thats it, at the top left of your gallery a total will be showing how many photos you have chosen as favorites. If you would like to view just the photos you have chosen as favorites you can click on the “My Selection” link at the top left of your gallery and you will be shown just your favorite photos. While viewing these photos you can easily remove a photo by clicking on the “x” that shows up when you hover the cursor over a photo.
Once you are finished picking out your favorites please let me know by following the steps below. Please do not send this list until you are completely finished choosing the exact number of photos you would like in your final album.
To send me your list of favorites:
1. Make sure you are logged in to your account
2. Click on the name of your favorite collection (which is “My Selection” by default) at the top left of your gallery.
3. At the top right of the window while viewing your favorites click the “Share Favorites” button.
4. Click the “Send to Photographer” tab and fill in your info then click the “Share” button at the bottom of that window.
Once I receive your list of favorites and album order form I will send you an estimate via email. I will require half of that estimate to begin the album design process. If you have any other questions please let me know and I’ll be happy to help you.